I am a software developer, manager, speaker, writer, photographer, and musician from Beaumont, Texas, but currently living in Seattle, Washington. Along the way, I've lived in Austin, London, Silicon Valley, and San Antonio.
My goal with this site has been to capture ideas of lasting value. In general, you won't find me posting about current news items or the latest technology. Instead, I am sharing essays and podcasts. Hopefully, this material will be of interest for longer than a week or two.
There's also information about my adventures in ham radio.
The image on this page is Tree.
- Texas-Style Slow Cooker Chili
- Street Photography
- Please, allow me to rant a moment
- Doing It Right
- Code for America
- Quite possibly the most important management advice you'll ever receive
- The management transition
- Happy Birthday
- Sacred Spaces
- Is the Internet still up?
- Playing Around
- On Longer Days
- Chapter One
- Continuous Integration for php-opencloud
- Click Essays for the entire list